Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Woodhead, Chad" <Ch...@ncr.com> on 2018/04/12 17:57:38 UTC

Restarting NiFi causing SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask to fail

I am running HDF 3.0.1.1 which comes with NiFi 1.2.0.3.0.1.1-5. We are using SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask to monitor bulletins (for things like Disk Usage and Memory Usage). When we restart NiFi via Ambari (either with a Restart or Stop and then Start), when NiFi comes back up the SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask no longer works. It throws the following error when it is first trying to start up:

SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask[id=ba6b4499-0162-1000-0000-00003ccd7573] org.apache.nifi.remote.client.PeerSelector@34e976af Unable to refresh Remote Group's peers due to response code 409:Conflict with explanation: null

No matter how long we wait, it never works. The ways I have been able to get it to start working again are as follows:

  *   Stop and then Start the Remote Input Port the SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask is using
  *   Delete the SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask and create a new one
  *   Wait a while and stop and start the SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask (however this doesn't work consistently)

I have tested the same flow steps using a process that uses a Remote Process Group and a different Remote Input Port, and that RPG throws the same error when first coming up but then starts working after a period of time. So maybe the SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask isn't trying enough times to connect to the Remote Input Port?

Sincerely,
Chad Woodhead

Re: Restarting NiFi causing SiteToSiteBulletinReportingTask to fail

Posted by "Woodhead, Chad" <Ch...@ncr.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the updates and HCC comments as well.

-Chad

On 4/18/18, 5:36 AM, "Pierre Villard" <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

    I created to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5092 to track the
    issue. Will submit a fix really soon.
    Current workaround: after a NiFi restart, stop the reporting task, clear
    the state of the reporting task and start the reporting task.

    Pierre

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chad,