Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Palmreuther <li...@zentrumderarbeit.org> on 2006/12/04 08:03:05 UTC

Re: - How to create multiple jar files from one project? - Bayesian Filter detected spam

Hello William,

On Sunday, December 3, 2006 at 10:46:37 PM William wrote:

> I don't think a Maven solution is what you need.

OK. Can live with this. I just wanted to make sure *there is none*
before I go the long way and get told later there was a shorter one.

> I think you need to rethink the packaging and dependencies of your 2
> projects.

In fact I do. I took over this project and started to clean up and
introduce Maven ... Rethinking everything is the very first I did ;-)
And I'm not quite finished yet ;-)

> It sounds like your interface project shouldn't depend on the Factory in
> the implementation project.

The factory is part of the interface project:

Interface-Project:
 - Custom logger interface
 - Factory to create such a logger

Implementation-Project:
 - Custom logger
 - some other stuff

(just the relevant parts mentioned)

> You could organise this a couple of different ways:
> 1) The Factory class could ship with interface project.

It does.

> 2) Ship a Factory interface with your interface project, and ship the
> Factory impl in the other project.

*hmm* Good idea, will think about it. But there's still the need
create an instance of something that's in the interface-project. And
this one needs to know something from the implementation. And this
implementation-project needs to know the Interface(s) and this leads
me to: "You most probable need reflection when you want to cut the two
things up".

> Hope this helps.

Sure. Somehow. And if it only enforces me to think about all the stuff
another time ;-)

--
Best regards
"Peter Palmreuther <li...@zentrumderarbeit.org>"

Don't know what I'm after, but the pressure's driving me insane...