Posted to graffito-dev@incubator.apache.org by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/19 20:57:40 UTC

[Vote] Migrate to Maven 2.0.2

Before reviewing the doc and the Graffito site, I would like to vote
for a Maven 2.0.2 migration. Please make your vote to support Maven
2.0.2. If I remember correctly, the Jetspeed 2 team plan to do it this
month or the next one.

--
Best regards,

Christophe

Re: [Vote] Migrate to Maven 2.0.2

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

On 1/23/06, David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
> Christophe Lombart wrote:
> > Honestly, I would like to replace the DB support by a complete JCR support.
>
> Hi Christophe,
>
> Sorry for the late response, got sucked into some client work and Im
> just coming up now.

No problem - I know this kind of situation :-)

> Would that mean no relational backend involved?
> I think there are good and bad aspects to that solution.
> What exactly would be the datastore then?

It depends on the JCR product. Eg. Jackrabbit offers the possibility
to store the content  in a RDBMS or a file system (or ... what you
want). The JCR API makes abstraction on the persistent store type.
Futhermore, the JCR model is so generic that you can store any kind of
content. So, if you use a db backend, it is not necessary to add new
tables in order to support other kind of content.

> I think it would be awesome to version things like PSML and registries
> entries. Not sure if its appropriate for all objects in the model though.

Correct, when you define the model you can apply version control only
on specific objects (content). Version control is not mandatory for
the entire model

> I assume we haven't implemented the import/export end of the JCR spec.
> I would be interested in hearing how that works

Yes it is.  By default our solution uses Jackrabbit which offer this
kind of features.
This week,  I'm reviewing the Graffito doc and try to add more
information on our JCR works.

I advise you to review the Jacrabbit site, there are more and more
documentation.
--
Best regards,

Christophe

Re: [Vote] Migrate to Maven 2.0.2

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: [Vote] Migrate to Maven 2.0.2

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,

Christophe

Re: [Vote] Migrate to Maven 2.0.2

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: [Vote] Migrate to Maven 2.0.2

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.
#: Christophe Lombart changed the world a bit at a time by saying (astral date: 1/20/2006 12:50 PM) :#
> It is maybe too early to used Maven 2. The Torque plugin is not yet
> available :-(

Sorry to break the party :-(.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Re: [Vote] Migrate to Maven 2.0.2

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,

Christophe

Re: [Vote] Migrate to Maven 2.0.2

Posted by Christophe Lombart <ch...@gmail.com>.
ok I'm going to check - Thanks !

--
Best regards,

Christophe

Re: [Vote] Migrate to Maven 2.0.2

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Vote] Migrate to Maven 2.0.2

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org>.
I'm not a committer but I've used m2 here at work and like it a lot.
Big improvement over m1 IMO.  Outsiders +1 to the migration.

Greg