Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Darrell DeBoer <da...@apache.org> on 2002/12/06 06:45:48 UTC

Examples of applications using Mailets

G'day

On Monday, I'm giving a presentation on James to my local JUG. I'm focusing
mainly on the pluggable architecture, and then on how James can be used to
add Email functionality to an enterprise application.

Unfortunately, I've not got a lot of experience actually doing this (my main
interest is to have a free, configurable, IMAP server to use at home).

So I'm looking for comments from anyone who's built a reasonably sophisticated
Email application using Mailets. In particular:
1) What sort of functionality did you build?
2) How did you find Mailets helped you?
3) Did you encounter any problems on the way? Things that a developer needs to
watch out for?
4) Anything (features, useability etc) that you wish could be better?
5) Anything that you absolutely loved and think is great?

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

--
ciao,
Daz