Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Nicolas Maujean <nm...@hotmail.com> on 2004/12/30 14:53:36 UTC

[fileupload] simple question about the size we can transfer

hi,

  in FileUploadBase.java, I comment the code which get the size we want to
transfer :

/*
        long requestSize = req.getContentLength();

        if (requestSize == -1)
        {
            throw new UnknownSizeException(
                "the request was rejected because it's size is unknown");
        }

        if (sizeMax >= 0 && requestSize > sizeMax)
        {
            throw new SizeLimitExceededException(
                "the request was rejected because "
                + "it's size exceeds allowed range");
        }
*/

  because request.getContentLength return an int
so we are limited to 2^31 - 1 =
2147483647 bytes
  after I comment this part, is it possible to upload a file larger than
that size ?
Note that the size is used only in this part of the code,

thank you for your answer,

Nicolas

Re: [fileupload] simple question about the size we can transfer

Posted by Nicolas Maujean <nm...@hotmail.com>.
something strange appear when I try to upload a file of 6 GB.
When the distant machine is my local host, it works fine.

When I use another distant machine it always stop at the same size 1,6 GB
(exactly the same number of bytes each time), they have no time out (because
the time to upload vary), no disk space limit. it ends by a stream ended
unexpectedly each time where as on the localhost, I have no such error.

  Have you an idea ?

Nicolas Maujean

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nicolas Maujean <nm...@hotmail.com>.
yes, I just change the type of the requestSize then I put it in comment,

Nicolas Maujean

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.

<nm...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
>   in FileUploadBase.java, I comment the code which get the size we want to
> transfer :
>
> /*
>         long requestSize = req.getContentLength();
>
>         if (requestSize == -1)
>         {
>             throw new UnknownSizeException(
>                 "the request was rejected because it's size is unknown");
>         }
>
>         if (sizeMax >= 0 && requestSize > sizeMax)
>         {
>             throw new SizeLimitExceededException(
>                 "the request was rejected because "
>                 + "it's size exceeds allowed range");
>         }
> */
>
>   because request.getContentLength return an int
> so we are limited to 2^31 - 1 =
> 2147483647 bytes
>   after I comment this part, is it possible to upload a file larger than
> that size ?
> Note that the size is used only in this part of the code,
>
> thank you for your answer,
>
> Nicolas

~Dakota Jack~

~Native Proverb~