Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "Samad, Alex" <al...@hp.com> on 2006/02/23 01:34:16 UTC

question about geronimo + amd64 linux

Hi

I am  newbie on the Geronimo front, I previously had tomcat installed to
investigate and to run jspwiki.  A friend recommended Geronimo, so I
have installed this and am looking to migrate my jspwiki to Geronimo.
But my first hurdle is that I am upgrading to os from debian to debian
amd64.  This presents a problem I can't seem to find a jvm 1.4x for 64
bit environment, not from sun nor from bea.

I remember reading earlier that jdk 5.x doesn't work with Geronimo and I
am presuming that jboss 5.x doesn't work either.  Do I have any other
work arounds ?

Can some body clarify what will/will not work with Geronimo + jdk 5.x,
as I also remember reading that some people have gotten it working.....

Alex

Re: question about geronimo + amd64 linux

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
To be totally clear, there is a working 64-bit 1.4.2 JVM available
from Blackdown, and I've used it successfully (though I don't know
that I've tried it with Geronimo).

On the 1.5 front, as well as CORBA, we have an issue with the QName
class in one of the XML libraries -- it's built-in to 1.5, but an
add-on for 1.4, and apparently at least the serial UID has changed.
The sample DayTrader app has a problem on 1.5 for this reason, though
it may be that you could avoid that problem by compiling the app under
1.5 to begin with -- I'm not sure.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Posted by Calvin Austin <ca...@spikesource.com>.

Posted by Thor Heinrichs-Wolpert <th...@lunartek.com>.
What's wrong with the Sun implementation?

Linux AMD64 Platform - J2SE(TM) Development Kit 5.0 Update 6

I run that one on my SuSe 64-bit on dual-proc AMD servers.  Other
than having to tweak some memory settings, we haven't had problems.

Thor HW

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.