Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com> on 2013/10/03 00:45:54 UTC

jenkins deploy snapshots

Can we configure jenkins to deploy snapshots on every build? I assume there
is an apache snapshots repository that we can use for this purpose. Maybe
this was previously turned off for some reason that I am not aware of.

It's somewhat annoying to build the whole project when i am making changes
in just one module because it has sibling dependencies. The only two
solutions look like deploying snapshots or mvn install, which is bad for a
variety of other reasons.

Christopher, I know you generally have opinions about maven things, and
would be interested in your thoughts on this.

Mike

Re: jenkins deploy snapshots

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
On 2 October 2013 23:45, Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com> wrote:

> Can we configure jenkins to deploy snapshots on every build? I assume there
> is an apache snapshots repository that we can use for this purpose. Maybe
> this was previously turned off for some reason that I am not aware of.

you can publish to a staging repo; you should also edit the pom to make
that something that is only enabled if a -Pstaging option is set, to stop
the remote ones trickle in on a local build.

http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html

as it needs your login credentials, you shouldn't use it on the central
servers, but you are free to host a private jenkins server to do this

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: jenkins deploy snapshots

Posted by Christopher <ct...@apache.org>.
Just deploy to a staging repo using your Apache credentials, as though
you were building a release candidate (but without promoting it or
calling a vote).

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii