Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sean McBride <se...@rogue-research.com> on 2015/05/02 15:31:56 UTC

E000013: permission denied: doing 'svnadmin upgrade'

Hi all,

I'm using svn 1.8.13 (WanDisco binaries on OS X 10.10).  I recently upgraded from 1.7.x, and the update has been stable for 2 weeks.  So now I've tried an 'svnadmin upgrade' and it worked on one repo, but on another it gives:

$ svnadmin upgrade .
Repository lock acquired.
Please wait; upgrading the repository may take some time...
svnadmin: E000013: Can't create temporary file from template 'svn-XXXXXX': Permission denied

Should I just sudo, or is this a symptom of a real problem?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean@rogue-research.com