Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Gesundheit <mi...@rocketmail.com> on 2011/09/14 17:26:48 UTC

HTTP errors Logging

Hi,
I could not find anything in the archive so here is my question:Is there any way to get DEBUG or any log regarding HTTP error messages?
I currently get a 403 but, so far, can't find the root cause.
Thanks,-Michael

Re: HTTP errors Logging

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Michael Gesundheit wrote:
> What??

Ok, I will take the candle.

Michael,
to send your original message, what you did was :
- you edited an older message, which had a subject "Tomcat Redirect Issue - Extra "/"
after hostname - Help Please"
- then you changed the subject line
- then you typed your message
- then you sent that message to the list

What Pid is telling you, is that this is not a correct way to start a new subject of
discussion on this list (and not only on this one).
The reason is that when you do it like above, the message that you send still has
references in it to the old message that you copied (even if you do not see this).

And for people who display list messages in their reader using the "threaded" view, this
is very annoying, because your message appears in the middle of the discussion of the
other message, while it has nothing to do with that old subject.
Like this :

Tomcat Redirect Issue - Extra "/" after hostname...
   - answer #1 : Re: Tomcat Redirect Issue - Extra "/" after hostname...
   - answer #2 : Re: Tomcat Redirect Issue - Extra "/" after hostname...
     - answer to answer #2 : Re: Tomcat Redirect Issue - Extra "/" after hostname...
   - answer #3 : HTTP errors logging
   - answer #4 : Re: Tomcat Redirect Issue - Extra "/" after hostname...

          ????

Got it ?

To start a new subject, start a new message, do not copy an old one.

Re: HTTP errors Logging

Posted by Michael Gesundheit <mi...@rocketmail.com>.
What??

Re: HTTP errors Logging

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Re: HTTP errors Logging

Posted by Rudy Gireyev <rg...@gmail.com>.
Sorry. I don't understand at all what you are asking. What does module
mean? By module do you mean some part of Tomcat itself? Or some
application that you have written that runs within Tomcat?

If the latter then you have to configure the logging within that
Servlet system, which will depend on the logging library used.
Although this has little to do with Tomcat.

Rudy

Re: HTTP errors Logging

Posted by Michael Gesundheit <mi...@rocketmail.com>.

Re: HTTP errors Logging