Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2001/02/28 16:10:03 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr-util/xml/expat/lib .cvsignore Makefile.in ascii.h asciitab.h expat.dsp expat.h.in iasciitab.h latin1tab.h nametab.h utf8tab.h winconfig.h xmlparse.c xmlrole.c xmlrole.h xmltok.c xmltok.h xmltok_impl.c xmltok_impl.h xmltok_ns.c

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 02:41:32PM -0000, gstein@apache.org wrote:
> gstein      01/02/28 06:41:32
>
>   Added:       xml/expat .cvsignore Makefile.in README acconfig.h
>                         buildconf.sh configure.in
>                xml/expat/conftools .cvsignore PrintPath install-sh missing
>                         mkinstalldirs
>                xml/expat/lib .cvsignore Makefile.in ascii.h asciitab.h
>                         expat.dsp expat.h.in iasciitab.h latin1tab.h
>                         nametab.h utf8tab.h winconfig.h xmlparse.c
>                         xmlrole.c xmlrole.h xmltok.c xmltok.h xmltok_impl.c
>                         xmltok_impl.h xmltok_ns.c
>   Log:
>   Initial checkin.
>
>   Snapped from:
>     Repository: :pserver:anonymous@cvs.expat.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/expat
>         Module: expat
>           Date: Wed Feb 28 06:40:44 PST 2001
>
>   Local changes and modifications were applied. See README.APRUTIL

This is part of CVS now, but doesn't get built or used yet. I'm still
working on getting that to happen cleanly. And without breaking things :-)

*Bill: there is a .dsp in apr-util/xml/expat/lib/expat.dsp. You may as well
start massaging that thing for our needs. I'll work on getting any local
changes sent back to the main CVS repository.

[ I've also asked Fred, one of the Expat project admins who I've known for
  several years, for commit access to Expat; that will help us fold back
  any/all of our local changes to ensure we don't fork ]

Note: xml/expat is a convenience for developers and users. An alternative
would have been to ask people to check out Yet Another CVS Tree. Just didn't
want to go there yet :-)

If you want to work on the bleeding edge, then you will be able to check out
a CVS tree from SourceForge as apr-util/xml/expat-cvs. The APRUTIL config
and build structure will use that over this bundled one. (and it will use
the system's expat over *any* xml/expat*)

I'll be working on gunk in APRUTIL to get this all smoothly integrated. When
it is all ready, then I'll turn off Apache's passing of expat-lite to the
APRUTIL subconfig. That will let APRUTIL search for an Expat. Once the
Windows guys give the "nod" that we're switched over from expat-lite to the
new Expat, then we can dump expat-lite from the httpd-2.0 repository.

That's the plan... more info as I make progress.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/