Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Rasik Pandey <ra...@ajlsm.com> on 2004/03/23 19:38:55 UTC

FSDirectory.lockDir and recent Lock changes

Hello all,
I was just trying out the latest Lucene sources and I am having problems with the lockDir not being found relative to my index directory id "myIndexDir\..\temp". Shouldn't there be FSDirectory.lockDir.exists(),FSDirectory.lockDir.mkdir(), and FSDirectory.lockDir.delete() calls somewhere in FSDirectory? Or am I doing something wrong?

RBP

RE: FSDirectory.lockDir and recent Lock changes

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

You are probably using Tomcat?
Anyhow, if not, then your classloader messed the java.io.tmpdir.

To solve the Tomcat (if started from batc file) edit the catalina.bat,
and set either the absolute path to CATALINA_BASE or set the
CATALINA_TMPDIR=%TEMP% or to any absolute path.

The tomcat sets the java.io.tmpdir to "..\temp", so that's the cause of the
problem thougth.

MT.