Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Carlos André <ca...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/28 13:05:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Reverse proxy like DNAT, any chance? :)

Hi ppl,

Maybe it's look like a stupid question, but, is there any way to make
apache acting as a "reverse proxy" send the original IP source to
destination? Like iptables DNAT ?

Coz I need protect users/server (HTTPS) and webserver (IDS), but my
SSL-out box (apache RP) send its own IP to apache webserver, not
original source... then I cant just block SSL-out box IP (but I need a
active response from Snort... even passive, a lot of alerts from
SSL-out IP doesnt help so much).

There my conf: INTERNET---HTTPS---SSLOUTBOX---HTTP---IDS---WEBSERVER

Thanks :)

Re: [users@httpd] Reverse proxy like DNAT, any chance? :)

Posted by Carlos André <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Emmanuel,

I'm using Snort.
It dont (yet) permit use of "X-Forwarded-For" :(
Anyway since I cant block IP of SSL-out box, then this feature come
out I cant put a inline IDS with active response function on same box.
Maybe IDS sensor after SSL-out box, then, on a event... send a command
to SSL-out box to DROP attacker IP...  Or just put IDS and SSL-out on
same box... (I prefer segregate, anyway sending a DROP command to
another box will slow down response a little...) If any event detected
from a X-Forwarded IP then just put on iptables (-I INPUT -s
<X-Forwarded-For> -j DROP) or something like that...

Posted by Emmanuel Bailleul <Em...@telindus.fr>.