Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by victor73 <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/17 21:22:31 UTC

Can ActiveMQ contain MDBs?

 Hello,

I'm new to ActiveMQ here and have some basic questions that I couldn't see
addressed in the FAQ. I've installed ActiveMQ and am now busy creating
message consumers so we can do asynchronous processing of requests. One
thing I'm confused about is how to deploy MDBs implemented in Java once they
are created. Can ActiveMQ also host, or act as an MDB container? Or does it
function as a message broker only? I would much prefer to create the message
consumers as MDBs instead of standalone consumer daemons and associated
startup scripts to ensure they start on boot, etc...

Any assistance is greatly appreciated...

-Victor