Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/22 14:07:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Geronimo Java EE specs (attempt THREE)

To support the upcoming Geronimo milestone release, I would like to
release Java EE 6 versions of the geronimo specifications.  This is a
single vote
for all specs new or updated for Java EE 6.  In addition, the specs have
been updated
with common support for OSGi interactions.  The RAT and IANAL plugins
have been run against
of the projects.  All non-beta specs have clean TCK signature tests.
All tag svn versions have been
successfully built.

  Vote will be open for 72 hours.

  [ ] +1  approve
  [ ] +0  no opinion
  [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

  Staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-030/

Unless noted, the source repos are relative to location

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/specs/tags/

and have the same final element as the artifact name.

I am not listing each location individually because the mailing list
server rejected my
original email as spam because of the large number of links in the
email.  I apologize for the incovenience.

  The following specs are being voted on

  geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.1
  geronimo-annotation_1.1_spec-1.0
  geronimo-atinject_1.0_spec-1.0
  geronimo-ejb_3.1_spec-1.0
  geronimo-el_2.2_spec-1.0
  geronimo-interceptor_1.1_spec-1.0
  geronimo-j2ee-connector_1.6_spec-1.0
  geronimo-jacc_1.4_spec-1.0
  geronimo-jaspic_1.0_spec-1.1
  geronimo-javaee-deployment_1.1MR3_spec-1.0.1
  geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.7

and the closely associated provider and uber jar releases.

  geronimo-javamail_1.4-1.8

     Source location:
      geronimo/javamail/tags/geronimo-javamail_1.4-1.8

  geronimo-jaxb_2.2_spec-1.0
  geronimo-jaxr_1.0_spec-2.1
  geronimo-jaxrpc_1.1_spec-2.1
  geronimo-jaxrs_1.1_spec-1.0
  geronimo-jaxws_2.2_spec-1.0
  geronimo-jcdi_1.0_spec-1.0
  geronimo-jpa_2.0_spec-1.1
  geronimo-jsp_2.2_spec-1.0
  geronimo-osgi-support-1.0
  geronimo-saaj_1.3_spec-1.1
  geronimo-servlet_3.0_spec-1.0
  geronimo-stax-api_1.2_spec-1.0
  geronimo-validation_1.0_spec-1.1
  geronimo-ws-metadata_2.0_spec-1.1.3

  geronimo-ccpp_1.0_spec-1.0-beta (this is a beta version that has not
been verified via TCK yet)

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Geronimo Java EE specs (attempt THREE)

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
The vote to release the new Geronimo Java EE 6 spec versions has passed
with 6 +1 votes and no 0 or -1 votes.  The new versions will be released
to central today.

Donald Woods
Kevan Miller
Jarek Gawor
Joe Bohn
David Jencks
Rick McGuire

Rick

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Java EE specs (attempt THREE)

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.
Forgot my +1 too.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
+1

Looks good to me.  I built the specs, checked rat, etc... included them
(and the aries artifacts up for vote) in a Geronimo 3.0 server image and
was able to deploy and run the Aries Blog & AriesTrader samples.

Joe

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
+1

I checked that all the source-release tar.gz's compile and that geronimo runs with them.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1.

I built Geronimo with the updated specs and ran tck smoketests and all
looks good to me.

Jarek

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Believe these are okay after second look.

+1

-Donald

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 22, 2010, at 3:43 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Here are 3 scripts <attached> to help checkout, rat:check and build the
> tags in the vote.

Thanks for the scripts. A few comments:

1) We are voting on source artifacts, not svn. So, I use wget. (e.g. 'wget --no-check-certificate https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-007/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-activation_1.1_spec/1.1/geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.1-source-release.tar.gz).
2) I generally try to insure that the svn tag is equivalent to the source archive (e.g. 'diff -r --strip-trailing-cr geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-1.1 geronimo-activation_1.1_spec-svn') SVN's handling of  $Date tags can make this a bit painful...
3) Easier to use 'svn export' rather than 'svn co'
4) I generally try to verify the signatures and checksums also.

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Java EE specs (attempt THREE)

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 22, 2010, at 3:43 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Can we ignore the following rat:check failures?
>
> geronimo-servlet_3.0_spec-1.0 -
> src/main/resources/javax/servlet/resources/xml.xsd
> src/main/resources/javax/servlet/resources/XMLSchema.dtd
>
> geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec-1.7 -
>  src/test/resources/wmtom.bin
>
> geronimo-javamail_1.4-1.8/geronimo-javamail_1.4_provider -
>  Several files under - src/main/resources/OSGI-INF/providers/

All look fine to me...

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Java EE specs (attempt THREE)

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.