Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net> on 2010/03/22 17:29:20 UTC

opinion please

I really would like to contribute to ofbiz.
my problem over the years has been the trunk moves to fast to do valid
testing. by that I mean that once code is touched it must be tested
again. So once the frame work is touched all that is effected by this
must go through testing.  The testing I do is from the UI down.

My solution of course has been to use my own svn and currently only work
with 9.04.
I would like to contribute new features that work with 9.04 that I have
develop for 9.04 for the others that have settled on the ofbiz version
of 9.04.

what structure, if any can be developed to do such a thing?
Right now I use the Jira and note it effects 9.04. it is the only place
I can formally give apache permission to use the code.

====================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Re: opinion please

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
I think that would be the case BJ - but keep doing it!

Cheers,
Ruppert

Re: opinion please

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Maybe you could set up a web page that provides overviews of your
enhancements that have links to the corresponding Jira issues.

-Adrian

Re: opinion please

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
I am suggesting a web page (could be in Wiki) that would make it clear
that you have developed a set of R 9.04 enhancements that have not been
included in the project, and that those enhancements are being provided
by you via the Jira issue tracker.

If a number of users find your enhancements beneficial, then you might
be able to generate votes in the respective Jira issues, and those votes
might help get those issues committed to the project.

-Adrian

Re: opinion please

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.