Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/18 22:19:30 UTC

Why the split package "org.apache.tuscany.sca.runtime" in domain-node and in core-spi ??

Folks,

Can someone explain why there is now a split package org.apache.tuscany.sca.runtime in the modules
domain-node and in core-spi, please?

It looks like this has come about due to changes in domain-node.

Split packages are at best confusing and to be avoided, in my opinion.

For OSGi use, split packages are painful and I don't have a brain big enough to sort out the
problems they cause.

Unless someone can justify the retention of this split package, I shall rename the part that is in
domain-node to:

org.apache.tuscany.node.runtime

Yours, Mike.

Re: Why the split package "org.apache.tuscany.sca.runtime" in domain-node and in core-spi ??

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Mike Edwards
<mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19/01/2011 10:25, ant elder wrote:
>>
>> I've renamed this to use
>> org.apache.tuscany.sca.runtime.TuscanyRuntime. I like that name and it
>> seems most appropriate. If that doesn't work for you in the DomainNode
>> module where would you like it - core/core-spi?
>>
>>    ...ant
>
> Ant,
>
> It isn't the class name that's the problem.  It's the package name.
>
> Please either rename the package - or if you think that these classes really
> belong in the org.apache.tuscany.sca.runtime package, then please move all
> the classes so that they are in one place - its the split package that
> causes mayhem.

I do, so ok i shall do that.

   ...ant

Re: Why the split package "org.apache.tuscany.sca.runtime" in domain-node and in core-spi ??

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
I've renamed this to use

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the renaming.
Raymond Feng
rfeng@apache.org
Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com