Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by snowcrash+sa <sc...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/02 19:19:11 UTC

which 'other' rules can/should be sa-compiled?

i currently use a cron job to

  sa-update --channelfile /usr/local/etc/sa/update-DIST-ch.conf
  sa-update --channelfile /usr/local/etc/sa/update-SARE-ch.conf

pulling updates, as available, into my system-wide rules update directory.

if updates exist, then i compile them,

	sa-compile --sudo -D

resulting in compiled rules that override the non-compiled distro'd files.

works fine here.  and, i /think/ is the generally intended (?)
behavior of sa-compile'ing.

question:

	any reason NOT to ALSO compile other, non-SA/SARE rules?

e.g., FuzzyOcr could benefit from a performance boost.  just not clear
to me if it can be compiled, or benefit if it does.

comments?

thanks.

Re: which 'other' rules can/should be sa-compiled?

Posted by snowcrash+sa <sc...@gmail.com>.
got it.

rats!, nonetheless...

thx!