Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com> on 2019/05/08 06:19:26 UTC

Install and start as service

Hi,

I am attempting to use Bitrock Installbuilder to install Karaf and start it as a service from within
the installer.

Installing Karaf and starting it with karaf (or windows karaf.bat) scripts works ok in the installer.

But I have hit a roadblock trying to install and run it as a service. I have tried running the shell
script in the installer as indicated in the docs,

     bin/shell feature:install service-wrapper (fails)

     bin/shell wrapper:install (does not run)

This approach is probably not the way the problem should br handled.

Perhaps someone can point me in the direction I should be taking.

I do not think docker is suitable in my use case.

Paul Fraser

Re: Install and start as service

Posted by Paul Fraser <pa...@qnenet.com>.
On 8/05/2019 4:27 pm, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> bin/shell wrapper:install works for sure (you don't need feature:install).
=================================This was the secret ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have now been able to install the service, just need to work out how to start it in the installer.

Thanks JB,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Paul,

bin/shell wrapper:install works for sure (you don't need feature:install).

I just tried on my machine:

$ ./shell wrapper:install
[org.apache.karaf.wrapper.internal.WrapperServiceImpl] : Creating file:
/home/jbonofre/Downloads/apache-karaf-4.2.5/bin/karaf-wrapper
Creating file: /home/jbonofre/Downloads/apache-karaf-4.2.5/bin/karaf-wrapper
[org.apache.karaf.wrapper.internal.WrapperServiceImpl] : Creating file:
/home/jbonofre/Downloads/apache-karaf-4.2.5/bin/karaf-service
Creating file: /home/jbonofre/Downloads/apache-karaf-4.2.5/bin/karaf-service

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré