Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/14 19:05:00 UTC

[VOTE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M32 release

Hi,

 This is a vote for the 32th milestone of the 1.0.0 LDAP API/Shared,
1.0.0-M32.

Another bug fix release, with some huge modifications in the way we
handle Values. The SchemaManager
is now propagated down to the Ava and Value classes, which causes many
tests to have been fixed.

We also have added a LdifAnonymizer that can swallow a Ldif File and
replace the values with a
random text.

We have also spent some time fixing many checkstyle violations.

A few other issues have been fixed.

Here is the list of fixed issues and added features :

Bugs :
------

DIRAPI-90      <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-90> -
IllegalArgumentException: factory thrown when creating
LdapNetworkConnection inside OSGi
DIRAPI-114     <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-114> -
Reconsider interfaces and base classes for Registries
DIRAPI-118     <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-118> - Use
JUnit TemporaryFolder Rule
DIRAPI-219     <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-219> -
DateUtils.toGeneralizedTime does not work with some Locales
DIRAPI-241     <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-241> - new
GeneralizedTime(String) fails for fraction close to one
DIRAPI-246     <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-246> -
Error in parsing LDIF file
DIRAPI-252     <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-252> -
Compiling warnings while api-all is in dependencies
DIRAPI-253     <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-253> - The
AVA class is not handling correctly the values wrt the SchemaManager
DIRAPI-254     <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-254> -
Value<?> don't have a apply(AttributeType) method
DIRAPI-255     <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-255> - An
escaped space at the end of a RDN will not be kept due to a bug in the
ComplexDNParser

Task :
------

DIRAPI-251     <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-251> - Fix
violations of coding standards and enable checkstyle check

New Feature    :
-------------

DIRAPI-250     <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-250> - Add
a way to Anonymize a LDIF file

Question :
----------

DIRAPI-191     <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-191> - How
to get attributes list according to objectClass

The revision :

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1708634<http://svn.apache.org/r1676503>

The SVN tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-M32
<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/tags/1.0.0-M29>

The source and binary distribution packages:
http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/
<http://people.apache.org/%7Eelecharny/>

The staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1044
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1031>

Please cast your votes:
[ ] +1 Release Shared/LDAP API 1.0.0-M32
[ ] 0 abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release Shared/LDAP API 1.0.0-M32

Emmanuel

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com <http://www.iktek.com>

Re: [VOTE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M32 release

Posted by Radovan Semancik <ra...@evolveum.com>.
+1 for release

Build on OpenJDK 1.7.0_79 (linux) OK. My tests with OpenLDAP, OpenDJ and
389ds are passing.

--
Radovan Semancik
Software Architect

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 10/15/2015 07:01 PM, Lucas Theisen wrote:
> Yeah, thats my guess.  Though what addresses would these tests be using?
> Do we actually rely on a live external service in our unit test?  I dont
> know anything about that osgi pax test suite (clearly).

The Pax framework is used to test OSGi. It spawns a new JVM process to
test class loading in a fresh environment outside the current
Maven/Surefire process. I think thatfor it uses RMI. But I have no idea
why it tries to connect to this IP. There should be no dependency on any
external service, I mean I can also run the tests when I'm offline. I'll
dig into the Pax sources.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Antwort: Re: [VOTE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M32 release

Posted by Sven Linscheid <Sv...@minden.edeka.de>.
Great looking forward for the next release to check this against our LDAP
- Structure - great Stuff here !

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Sven Linscheid
Systembetreuung ITSM / IDM

IT-Qualitätsmanagement
EDEKA Minden-Hannover IT-Service GmbH
Wittelsbacherallee 61, 32427 Minden

Tel.:       +49 571 64660-3707
Fax:       +49 571 64660-3829
E-Mail:   Sven.Linscheid@minden.edeka.de
Web:      www.edeka-minden.de

EDEKA - Wir ♥ Lebensmittel.

EDEKA Minden-Hannover IT-Service GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Minden
Amtsgericht Bad Oeynhausen HRB 4532
Geschäftsführer: Ines Parthum-Becker, Gerhard Riechmann, Dietmar Thake

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und / oder rechtlich geschützte
irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie den Absender und vernichten Sie
diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren und die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser
E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

Sparen Sie pro Seite ca. 200 ml Wasser, 2 g CO2 und 2 g Holz. EDEKA Minden
setzt sich für eine nachhaltige Wirtschaftsweise und den schonenden Umgang
mit Ressourcen ein. Bitte drucken Sie nur, wenn es wirklich notwendig ist.

Von:    Lucas Theisen <lu...@pastdev.com>
An:     Apache Directory Developers List <de...@directory.apache.org>,
Datum:  15.10.2015 20:58
Betreff:        Re: [VOTE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M32 release

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Lucas Theisen <lu...@pastdev.com>
wrote:
On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>
wrote:
On 10/15/2015 07:44 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> On 10/15/2015 07:26 PM, Lucas Theisen wrote:
>>
>> I tried both Oracle jdk1.8.0_60 and openjdk-1.7.0.71, so i don't think
it
>> has to do with java version.  I tried turning off firewalld, but no
dice.
>> Could be SELinux, i could try booting without...
>>

> Lucas,
>
> What is the output of `nslookup localhost`?
> And is locahost in your /etc/hosts?

So in [1] we see the code that starts the forked JVM. It also starts a
RMI LocateRegistry, I think on localhost.

Then the forked process should also try to connect to that registry,

Here [2] [3] are some other examples where connection to RMI registry
failed.

HTH,
Stefan

[1]
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.exam2/blob/25d5181a00b2e433537e4b53dce50b8925236bc3/containers/pax-exam-container-forked/src/main/java/org/ops4j/pax/exam/forked/ForkedFrameworkFactory.java#L103

[2]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6180383/rmi-registry-connecting-to-wrong-adress

[3]
http://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/AdminServerattemptstobindtothewrongIPAddress

Soooooo.  Thanks Stefan, the stackoverflow solution pointed out that the
RMI registry gets the the hostname as follows:

java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress();

And from the javadoc [1]:

Returns the address of the local host. This is achieved by retrieving
 the name of the host from the system, then resolving that name into
 an InetAddress.

The key part here is the "resolving that name".  At the top of the javadoc
page for InetAddress in the general comments we see:

Host name-to-IP address resolution is accomplished through
 the use of a combination of local machine configuration information
 and network naming services such as the Domain Name System (DNS)
 and Network Information Service(NIS).

This means that if you are using a machine whose "name of the host from
the system" is NOT registered by name in the "local machine configuration"
then it will attempt to look it up on a "network naming service".  If,
like me, your name is not registered in your configured "network naming
service", then the behavior is undefined.  In my case it was getting
redirected by my ISP (Verizon FIOS), who sends any name it cannot resolve
to the Non Existent Domain provider "barefruit" with IP address
92.242.140.21.  This is then used as the IP address of localhost rather
than the loopback interface.  This seems like a really dangerous way to
run unit tests...  It seems like bad behavior all around.  First, the DNS
server resolving that way is COMPLETELY wrong, but they love their
advertisement.  Second, java's getLocalHost() method not confirming that
the IP resolution from the "network naming service" is an IP of a local
interface (after all, the method is NAMED getLocalHost).  And, third,
using getLocalHost() with this being the behavior is inherently dangerous
(as request to connect to a service you think is on your localhost is
getting sent somewhere else).

Anyway, I can resolve this build issue by adding my hostname to
/etc/hosts, but we should probably consider switching away from using
InetAddress.getLocalHost().

Lucas

On a side note, i submitted a bug to the PAX folks [1] to avoid using
getLocalHost().

Also, I finished the build succesfully, so:

+1 for release.

[1]https://ops4j1.jira.com/browse/PAXEXAM-740

Re: [VOTE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M32 release

Posted by Lucas Theisen <lu...@pastdev.com>.

Posted by Lucas Theisen <lu...@pastdev.com>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by Lucas Theisen <lu...@pastdev.com>.
On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Lucas Theisen <lu...@pastdev.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>> Do we actually rely on a live external service in our unit test?  I dont
>> know anything about that osgi pax test suite (clearly).
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 12:32 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> lucastheisen@pastdev.com>

>>> elecharny@apache.org>

>>> long

>>> binary
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-171>

>>> and

>>> use

>>> entries

>>> elecharny@gmail.com>

>>> API/Shared,

>>> many

>>> and

>>> -
>>> - Use
>>> -
>>> - new
>>> -
>>> -
>>> - The
>>> SchemaManager
>>> -
>>> - An
>>> the

>>> - Fix

>>> - Add

>>> - How

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1044
>>> >>>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-1031

>>> org.apache.directory.api.osgi.ApiLdapSchemaConverterOsgiTest

>>> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:216)
>>> Source)
>>> >>>
>>> org.ops4j.pax.swissbox.framework.RemoteFrameworkImpl.export(RemoteFrameworkImpl.java:91)
>>> >>>
>>> org.ops4j.pax.swissbox.framework.RemoteFrameworkImpl.<init>(RemoteFrameworkImpl.java:77)
>>> >>>
>>> org.ops4j.pax.swissbox.framework.RemoteFrameworkImpl.main(RemoteFrameworkImpl.java:436)
>>> >>>
>>> java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
>>> >>>
>>> java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200)
>>> >>>
>>> java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
>>> java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
>>> >>>
>>> sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:40)
>>> >>>
>>> sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:147)

>>> because
>>> firewall?  Is

>>> this

>>> provider
>>> my DNS
>>>
>>> This address is a site that injects some advertizement when you get an
>>> HTTP or DNS error... Fuckers...
>>>
>>> So I guess some adress used in the test does not resolve correctly and
>>> you then get this error message.
>>>

> I tried both Oracle jdk1.8.0_60 and openjdk-1.7.0.71, so i don't think it
> has to do with java version.  I tried turning off firewalld, but no dice.
> Could be SELinux, i could try booting without...

Nope, not SELinux either...  This is strange.

Re: [VOTE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M32 release

Posted by Lucas Theisen <lu...@pastdev.com>.

Posted by Lucas Theisen <lu...@pastdev.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lucas Theisen <lu...@pastdev.com>.
wrote:

> [...]
>> there a reason its using external IP instead of loopback IP?
>>
> hmmmm, it didn't happen on my machine (mac OS X)
>

> --
> Kiran Ayyagari
> http://keydap.com

Ok, so I tried again, still no dice.  I am a little confused as to why this
integration test would be attempting to communicate with:

[ltheisen@ltbuild integ-osgi]$ nslookup 92.242.140.21
Server:         192.168.1.1
Address:        192.168.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
21.140.242.92.in-addr.arpa      name = unallocated.barefruit.co.uk.

A little research shows that barefruit is a Non Existent Domain provider
for Verizon FIOS (my internet provider), so basically it appears that
something in these unit tests must be hitting DNS for something that my DNS
providers are unable to find.  However, I am unable to find anything in the
unit test referring to any network communications (though the stack trace
shows RMI stuff).  What RMI stuff is happening?  What IP/hostname would it
be attempting to communicate with?

Anyway, here is a more complete stack trace in case anything jumps out at
you OSGI fellas...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Running org.apache.directory.api.osgi.ApiLdapSchemaConverterOsgiTest

Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 128.695 sec
<<< FAILURE! - in
org.apache.directory.api.osgi.ApiLdapSchemaConverterOsgiTest
org.apache.directory.api.osgi.ApiLdapSchemaConverterOsgiTest  Time elapsed:
128.694 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.ops4j.pax.exam.TestContainerException: cannot find remote framework in
RMI registry
        at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.forked.ForkedFrameworkFactory.findRemoteFramework(ForkedFrameworkFactory.java:235)
        at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.forked.ForkedFrameworkFactory.fork(ForkedFrameworkFactory.java:124)
        at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.forked.ForkedTestContainer.start(ForkedTestContainer.java:162)
        at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.spi.reactors.EagerSingleStagedReactor.setUp(EagerSingleStagedReactor.java:86)
        at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.spi.reactors.EagerSingleStagedReactor.beforeClass(EagerSingleStagedReactor.java:136)
        at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.spi.reactors.ReactorManager.beforeClass(ReactorManager.java:447)
        at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.junit.impl.ProbeRunner.run(ProbeRunner.java:97)
        at org.ops4j.pax.exam.junit.PaxExam.run(PaxExam.java:93)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.execute(JUnit4Provider.java:283)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeWithRerun(JUnit4Provider.java:173)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:153)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:128)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.invokeProviderInSameClassLoader(ForkedBooter.java:203)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(ForkedBooter.java:155)
        at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:103)
Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host:
92.242.140.21; nested exception is:
        java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:619)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:216)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:202)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(UnicastRef.java:341)
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.forked.ForkedFrameworkFactory.findRemoteFramework(ForkedFrameworkFactory.java:224)
[...]
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
[...]

128.695 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.forked.ForkedTestContainer.stop(ForkedTestContainer.java:176)
        at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.spi.reactors.EagerSingleStagedReactor.tearDown(EagerSingleStagedReactor.java:118)
        at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.spi.reactors.EagerSingleStagedReactor.afterClass(EagerSingleStagedReactor.java:132)
        at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.spi.reactors.ReactorManager.afterClass(ReactorManager.java:431)
        at
org.ops4j.pax.exam.junit.impl.ProbeRunner.run(ProbeRunner.java:107)

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lucas Theisen <lu...@pastdev.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.

Posted by Shawn McKinney <sm...@apache.org>.
+1, also built the tag using (oracle) java7 on Ubuntu 14.04.  Ran this version with fortress core’s unit tests, along with apacheds-2.0.0-M20.  All tests pass.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 20/10/15 19:10, Pierre Smits a écrit :
> Regarding managing user expectations with respect to API and DS working
> with AD is to register a JIRA issue for each of the not working controls.
> The advantages are that both users and community members would then now
> where the products stand.
>
> And if and when one gets fixed it'll turn up in the release notes.
I have found the best way to deal with that :

- I created a parent task : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-259
- and I have created a first sub-task beneth it :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-258

All the other controls/extended operations will be sub-tasks associated
with the parent issue (the list of sub tasks is visible at teh bottom of
the parent task).

Re: [VOTE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M32 release

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Regarding managing user expectations with respect to API and DS working
with AD is to register a JIRA issue for each of the not working controls.
The advantages are that both users and community members would then now
where the products stand.

And if and when one gets fixed it'll turn up in the release notes.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*OFBiz Extensions Marketplace*
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Radovan Semancik <ra...@evolveum.com>.

Result, was [VOTE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M32 release

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
I'm closing this vote, with a result of 6 +1 :

Kiran, Lucas, Radovan, Shawn, Stefan and me.

Some concerns have been raised (a bug in the Pax library, a problem with
Generalized Time, and the addition of some missing AD controls) and will
be addressed in the next release.

Many thanks !

Re: [VOTE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M32 release

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 18/10/15 19:18, Radovan Semancik a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> There is one more thing. I have just realized that API has Active
> Directory DirSync control, but we do not have "Deleted" control
> (1.2.840.113556.1.4.417). The AD sync is not very useful without this
> control.

There are many controls (and extended operations) that AD supports and
we don't :

Controls :
----------

LDAP_PAGED_RESULT_OID_STRING            1.2.840.113556.1.4.319    Supported
LDAP_SERVER_SHOW_DELETED_OID            1.2.840.113556.1.4.417    Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_SORT_OID                    1.2.840.113556.1.4.473    Supported
LDAP_SERVER_RESP_SORT_OID               1.2.840.113556.1.4.474    Supported
LDAP_SERVER_CROSSDOM_MOVE_TARGET_OID    1.2.840.113556.1.4.521    Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_NOTIFICATION_OID            1.2.840.113556.1.4.528    Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_EXTENDED_DN_OID             1.2.840.113556.1.4.529    Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_LAZY_COMMIT_OID             1.2.840.113556.1.4.619    Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_SD_FLAGS_OID                1.2.840.113556.1.4.801    Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_RANGE_OPTION_OID            1.2.840.113556.1.4.802    Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_TREE_DELETE_OID             1.2.840.113556.1.4.805    supported
LDAP_SERVER_DIRSYNC_OID                 1.2.840.113556.1.4.841    Supported
LDAP_SERVER_GET_STATS_OID               1.2.840.113556.1.4.970    Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_VERIFY_NAME_OID             1.2.840.113556.1.4.1338   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_DOMAIN_SCOPE_OID            1.2.840.113556.1.4.1339   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_SEARCH_OPTIONS_OID          1.2.840.113556.1.4.1340   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_RODC_DCPROMO_OID            1.2.840.113556.1.4.1341   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_PERMISSIVE_MODIFY_OID       1.2.840.113556.1.4.1413   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_ASQ_OID                     1.2.840.113556.1.4.1504   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_QUOTA_CONTROL_OID           1.2.840.113556.1.4.1852   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_SHUTDOWN_NOTIFY_OID         1.2.840.113556.1.4.1907   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_RANGE_RETRIEVAL_NOERR_OID   1.2.840.113556.1.4.1948   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_FORCE_UPDATE_OID            1.2.840.113556.1.4.1974   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_DN_INPUT_OID                1.2.840.113556.1.4.2026   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_SHOW_RECYCLED_OID           1.2.840.113556.1.4.2064   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_SHOW_DEACTIVATED_LINK_OID   1.2.840.113556.1.4.2065   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_POLICY_HINTS_DEPRECATED_OID 1.2.840.113556.1.4.2066   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_DIRSYNC_EX_OID              1.2.840.113556.1.4.2090   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_TREE_DELETE_EX_OID          1.2.840.113556.1.4.2204   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_UPDATE_STATS_OID            1.2.840.113556.1.4.2205   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_SEARCH_HINTS_OID            1.2.840.113556.1.4.2206   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_EXPECTED_ENTRY_COUNT_OID    1.2.840.113556.1.4.2211   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_POLICY_HINTS_OID            1.2.840.113556.1.4.2239   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_SET_OWNER_OID               1.2.840.113556.1.4.2255   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_BYPASS_QUOTA_OID            1.2.840.113556.1.4.2256   Not
supported
LDAP_SERVER_LINK_TTL_OID                1.2.840.113556.1.4.2309   Not
supported
LDAP_CONTROL_VLVREQUEST                 2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.9   Supported
LDAP_CONTROL_VLVRESPONSE                2.16.840.1.113730.3.4.10  Supported

Extended operations :
---------------------

LDAP_SERVER_FAST_BIND_OID        1.2.840.113556.1.4.1781     Not supported
LDAP_SERVER_BATCH_REQUEST_OID    1.2.840.113556.1.4.2212     Not supported
LDAP_TTL_REFRESH_OID             1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.101.119.1  Not supported
LDAP_SERVER_START_TLS_OID        1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.20037      Supported
LDAP_SERVER_WHO_AM_I_OID         1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.1.11.3     Supported

As you can see, we do support 7 out of 38 controls, and 2 out of 5
extended operations M$ AD supports.

> The implementation should be very easy and I can do that during
> Monday. Do you think it is OK to do that now (before 1.0.0-M32
> release)? Or should I wait after the release?

I think we can wait for another release, that may come quite quickly (I
have myself some additional fixes for the LdifAnonymizer). The rationnal
is that this release is quite critical due to the changes made in the
way we handle the schema, and I'd like to have it out as is.

Regarding the missing controls/extOps, here is what I would suggest : we
could spend some time implementing a batch of the missing AD elements,
and cut a release as soon as it's done. For controls, it's not
necessarily complex, it's just a bit time consuming (especially the
tests). The only part I'm not sure of is which ones should we include
and which ones should we ignore. I suspect we should go to the full
extent and make the API as complete as possible...

Thoughts ?

Re: [VOTE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M32 release

Posted by Radovan Semancik <ra...@evolveum.com>.
Hi,

There is one more thing. I have just realized that API has Active
Directory DirSync control, but we do not have "Deleted" control
(1.2.840.113556.1.4.417). The AD sync is not very useful without this
control. The implementation should be very easy and I can do that during

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
On 10/16/2015 07:08 AM, Felix Knecht wrote:
> Building by mvn clean install I get the following error using tag
> 1.0.0-M32 (using JDK 1.7 or 1.8):
>
> Running org.apache.directory.api.util.GeneralizedTimeTest
> Tests run: 48, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.114
> sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.directory.api.util.GeneralizedTimeTest
> testRoundTrip(org.apache.directory.api.util.GeneralizedTimeTest)  Time
> elapsed: 0.013 sec  <<< FAILURE!
> java.lang.AssertionError:
> expected:<java.util.GregorianCalendar[time=123456789000,areFieldsSet=true,areAllFieldsSet=true,lenient=true,zone=sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo[id="GMT",offset=0,dstSavings=0,useDaylight=false,transitions=0,lastRule=null],firstDayOfWeek=2,minimalDaysInFirstWeek=4,ERA=1,YEAR=1973,MONTH=10,WEEK_OF_YEAR=48,WEEK_OF_MONTH=5,DAY_OF_MONTH=29,DAY_OF_YEAR=333,DAY_OF_WEEK=5,DAY_OF_WEEK_IN_MONTH=5,AM_PM=1,HOUR=9,HOUR_OF_DAY=21,MINUTE=33,SECOND=9,MILLISECOND=0,ZONE_OFFSET=0,DST_OFFSET=0]>
> but
> was:<java.util.GregorianCalendar[time=123456789000,areFieldsSet=true,areAllFieldsSet=false,lenient=true,zone=sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo[id="GMT",offset=0,dstSavings=0,useDaylight=false,transitions=0,lastRule=null],firstDayOfWeek=1,minimalDaysInFirstWeek=1,ERA=1,YEAR=1973,MONTH=10,WEEK_OF_YEAR=48,WEEK_OF_MONTH=5,DAY_OF_MONTH=29,DAY_OF_YEAR=333,DAY_OF_WEEK=5,DAY_OF_WEEK_IN_MONTH=5,AM_PM=1,HOUR=9,HOUR_OF_DAY=21,MINUTE=33,SECOND=9,MILLISECOND=0,ZONE_OFFSET=0,DST_OFFSET=0]>
>
>         at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:88)
>         at org.junit.Assert.failNotEquals(Assert.java:834)
>         at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:118)
>         at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:144)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.api.util.GeneralizedTimeTest.testRoundTrip(GeneralizedTimeTest.java:1098)

This has to do with change of DIRAPI-219, in production code the evil
Calendar.getInstance() was removed, but in the test we still use it.
This means the production code is ok, but the test code depends on the
default locale/lang setting. I created DIRAPI-257 to fix that.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M32 release

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
[...]

Running org.apache.directory.api.util.OsgiUtilsTest

I suppose, that I'm using a different setting concerning 'Which is the
first week in a year'.
I'm sorry to say that I'm not sure to find the time to do some more
analysis on this today.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
+1

Verified checksums and signatures
Built source package with Java 1.8.0_60 on Linux

Kind Regards,
Stefan