Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Weston, Toby" <to...@Misys.com> on 2005/11/29 10:33:16 UTC

[M1] EAR plugin - non-standard structure (Websphere again!)

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to generate an ear using the ear plugin, all works swell if I use
the expected directory structure but unfortunately Websphere Application
Developer wants me to have the META-INF folder directly under the project
folder. So instead of project\src\application\META-INF\application.xml, I
have project\META-INF\application.xml etc.

I've tried tweaking the properties, in particular setting the
maven.ear.src=${basedir} seems to have most success, but then the plugin
copies everything into the ear including the temp folder and so two copies
of the wars etc.

Any tips on using this?

Whilst I'm here, anyone been deploying EARs to Websphere Application Server
using Maven (I've previously used the IBM Ant tasks).

Thanks in advance,
Toby

Re: [M1] EAR plugin - non-standard structure (Websphere again!)

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
There is a plugin for WAS:

http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/maven-was5-plugin/

On 11/29/05, Weston, Toby <to...@misys.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm trying to generate an ear using the ear plugin, all works swell if I use
> the expected directory structure but unfortunately Websphere Application
> Developer wants me to have the META-INF folder directly under the project
> folder. So instead of project\src\application\META-INF\application.xml, I
> have project\META-INF\application.xml etc.
>
> I've tried tweaking the properties, in particular setting the
> maven.ear.src=${basedir} seems to have most success, but then the plugin
> copies everything into the ear including the temp folder and so two copies
> of the wars etc.
>
> Any tips on using this?
>
> Whilst I'm here, anyone been deploying EARs to Websphere Application Server
> using Maven (I've previously used the IBM Ant tasks).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Toby

Bernard Shaw

Re: [M1] EAR plugin - non-standard structure (Websphere again!)

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
We use the following in project.properties:

maven.ear.manifest=META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
maven.ear.appxml=${basedir}/META-INF/application.xml

and all works fine.

On 11/29/05, Weston, Toby <to...@misys.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm trying to generate an ear using the ear plugin, all works swell if I use
> the expected directory structure but unfortunately Websphere Application
> Developer wants me to have the META-INF folder directly under the project
> folder. So instead of project\src\application\META-INF\application.xml, I
> have project\META-INF\application.xml etc.
>
> I've tried tweaking the properties, in particular setting the
> maven.ear.src=${basedir} seems to have most success, but then the plugin
> copies everything into the ear including the temp folder and so two copies
> of the wars etc.
>
> Any tips on using this?
>
> Whilst I'm here, anyone been deploying EARs to Websphere Application Server
> using Maven (I've previously used the IBM Ant tasks).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Toby

Bernard Shaw

Re: [M1] EAR plugin - non-standard structure (Websphere again!)

Posted by Oles <os...@lohika.odessa.ua>.
Gentlemen!
I make war file by ant tasks:

    *  <target name="make-raw-war">
        <war destfile="${build}/raw-tms.war"
webxml="${webapp}/WEB-INF/web.xml">
            <lib dir="${lib}" />
            <classes dir="${build}" />
            <classes dir="${config}" />
            <webinf dir="${webapp}/WEB-INF" />
        </war>
    </target>*

  *  <target name="cook-war">
        <wsdeploy inWarFile="${build}/raw-tms.war"
outWarFile="${target}/tms.war" verbose="false">
             <classpath refid="main-classpath"/>
         </wsdeploy>
    </target>
*I get a sbn.war on output.
But I should make this file corresponding to maven layout because  it
should be accessible for ear assembly in the future.
So, it should be something  like sbn-1.1.1.jar and lie at com.corp.sbn.
What can I do
1.Do this tasks by maven
2.Do this tasks by ant on compile phase - but how then to pack into
com.corp.sbn and make pom.xml and  everything else.
3.?????????

Re: [M1] EAR plugin - non-standard structure (Websphere again!)

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

Someone (maybe you) requested the same thing for M2 and it was implemented.
I am pretty sure this is not available for the M1 plugin. I invite you to
check Jira if an issue exists for this problem. If not, feel free to create
one.

Thanks,
Stéphane

On 11/29/05, Weston, Toby <to...@misys.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm trying to generate an ear using the ear plugin, all works swell if I
> use
> the expected directory structure but unfortunately Websphere Application
> Developer wants me to have the META-INF folder directly under the project
> folder. So instead of project\src\application\META-INF\application.xml, I
> have project\META-INF\application.xml etc.
>
> I've tried tweaking the properties, in particular setting the
> maven.ear.src=${basedir} seems to have most success, but then the plugin
> copies everything into the ear including the temp folder and so two copies
> of the wars etc.
>
> Any tips on using this?
>
> Whilst I'm here, anyone been deploying EARs to Websphere Application
> Server
> using Maven (I've previously used the IBM Ant tasks).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Toby

.::You're welcome ::.