Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pae Choi <pa...@earthlink.net> on 2000/07/14 03:37:41 UTC

Re: Tomcat and Sun J2EE

Hello Peter,

I am not sure what are you trying to do with both of them. First, J2EE
is a full range of development and deployment tools, including Web
Server, Application Server, J2EE APIs(JSP, Servlet, EJB, JMS, etc...)
, and even with Database. Once you configure and use them, you can
see the tomcat is included as well. And I like the "deploytool" in person
in some sense. :-)

Or, if you are having any trouble, you can forget the first option above
and just use the Apache/Tomcat to handle the Web Components such as
HTML, JSP, Servlet, and possibly Java Beans. and access the
Application Components such as EJBs, etc.. that interact with database.
Even though the EJB is not necessary to access the database.
So, it would be another option.

Hope this help.

Pae

>Hello,
>
>i try to connect from a servlet to a running EJB on the
>J2EE reference impl. from Sun.
>
>Until now i had no success :-(
>
>I added the j2ee.jar to the end of the tomcat classpath.
>I added the jndi properties as -d options (copied from the jndi.properties
>of j2ee.jar).
>
>I get the following message in the browser when accessing the servlet:
>
>Error: 500
>
>Location:/kurs1/servlet/EJBServlet
>
>Internal Servlet Error:
>
>java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: specialLoadClass
>        at
>com.sun.corba.ee.internal.util.JDKClassLoader.loadClass(JDKClassLoader.java
:
>59)
>        at
>com.sun.corba.ee.internal.util.JDKBridge.loadClassM(JDKBridge.java:269)
>        at
>com.sun.corba.ee.internal.util.JDKBridge.loadClass(JDKBridge.java:109)
>        at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.loadClass(Util.java:216)
>        at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.createDelegateIfSpecified(Util.java:307)
>        at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.(Util.java:55)
>        at
>com.sun.corba.ee.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.getServiceContexts(ClientDel
>gate.java:245)
>        at
>com.sun.corba.ee.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate
.
>java:314)
>        at
>com.sun.corba.ee.internal.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate
.
>java:330)
>        at
>com.sun.corba.ee.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.resolve(InitialNamingCl
>ent.java:198)
>        at
>com.sun.corba.ee.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.cachedInitialReferences
(
>InitialNamingClient.java:279)
>        at
>com.sun.corba.ee.internal.corba.InitialNamingClient.resolve_initial_referen
>es(InitialNamingClient.java:188)
>        at
>com.sun.corba.ee.internal.corba.ORB.resolve_initial_references(ORB.java:135
6
>)
>        at
>com.sun.corba.ee.internal.POA.POAORB.resolve_initial_references(POAORB.java
:
>482)
>        at
com.sun.jndi.cosnaming.CNCtx.setOrbAndRootContext(CNCtx.java:258)