Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Harshvardhan Ojha <Ha...@makemytrip.com> on 2012/05/18 18:58:17 UTC

Migration from cassandra 0.8.6 to 1.1.0

Hi All,

I am trying to migrate from Cassandra version 0.8.6 to 1.1.0.
I had two keyspace and I wanted to keep only one. So I deleted system and ran schema again for another keyspace.
After running schema for keyspace I noticed that new folders are created for every column family, inside keyspace folder.
So data is not available on Cassandra 1.1.0.
Is it a new feature to create folder for each column family in keyspace?
How can I get all data from old keyspace in new version? Any suggestion would be highly appreciable.

Harshvardhan Ojha  | Software Developer - Technology Development

    |  MakeMyTrip.com, 243 SP Infocity, Udyog Vihar Phase 1, Gurgaon, Haryana - 122 016, India

[Description: http://www.mailmktg.makemytrip.com/signature/images/bulb.gif]What's new?: Inspire - Discover an inspiring new way to plan and book travel online<http://inspire.makemytrip.com/inspire/>.

Office Map

[Description: http://www.mailmktg.makemytrip.com/signature/images/facebook-icon.gif]<http://www.facebook.com/pages/MakeMyTrip-Deals/120740541030?ref=search&sid=100000077980239.1422657277..1>
Facebook

Twitter

Re: Migration from cassandra 0.8.6 to 1.1.0

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
1.1 will migrate your data to the new directory structure, but it needs the
0.8 schema to do that.  Then you can drop the unwanted keyspace
post-upgrade.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra