Posted to user@hive.apache.org by kumar r <ku...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/12 09:01:51 UTC

Hive SQL based authorization don't have support for group

Hi,

I have configured hive-1.2.1 with Hadoop-2.7.2. I have enabled SQL standard
based authorization.

I can give permission for user or roles. i cannot find any option for
groups.

Is there any feature available for group permission on Hive SQL standard
based authorization?

When i am trying to execute below command getting exception,

grant select on sample to group Testing;

*Exception*

Error: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return
code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask. Invalid principal
type in principal Principal [name=Testing, type=GROUP] (state=08S01,code=1)

Stack overflow question:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37070419/hive-authorization-dont-have-support-for-group

Thanks,
Kumar

Re: Hive SQL based authorization don't have support for group

Posted by kumar r <ku...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the information.

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.