Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by doshi_milan <md...@powercatalyst.com> on 2008/11/19 01:22:58 UTC

Using ActiveMQ with Servciemix: Configuring queue

Hello,

We need to use ActiveMQ within our ServiceMix env. All we want to do is to
LOG certain messages on to a JMS Queue of ActiveMQ.

I have added added the following entry (besides some other, of course) in
the activeMQ.xml :

        <amq:destinations>
	     <amq:topic physicalName="OdsErrorLog.topic" />
	</amq:destinations>

        <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
        <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:51616"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
        </transportConnectors>

Within my log4j.xml I have configured the JMS appender as follows :

<appender name="JMS" class="org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender">

	  OdsErrorLog.topic" />

	  </layout>
	  <filter class="com.powercatalyst.core.monitor.log4j.StormTracker">

	  </filter>
    </appender>

When I start servicemix, I get the following error :

log4j:ERROR Could not find name [OdsErrorLog.topic].
log4j:ERROR Error while activating options for appender named [JMS].
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: OdsErrorLog.topic
        at
org.apache.activemq.jndi.ReadOnlyContext.lookup(ReadOnlyContext.java:
225)
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)
        at org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.log4j.net.JMSAppender.activateOptions(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:2
56)
        at
org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseAppender(DOMConfigurator.ja
va:220)

Maybe I am missing something in the jndi.xml file...Is it ?

Can anyone kindly let me know what is it that I maybe missing ?

Thanks and regards,
Milan