Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Leach, Henry" <HL...@cc.ucsf.edu> on 2004/11/16 22:32:11 UTC

[users@httpd] Need some tips

I want to Run Apache and IIS on the same box using port 80.
I currently have three IP addresses hosting three different web sites using
IIS on Windows 2003 Server all using Port 80. I now have a new IP Address
which I would like to host a new web site using Apache on port 80. I have
disabled Socket Pooling using the IIS 6 command of "httpcfg.exe" so that IIS
does not overtake all of the resources and cause port conflicts.

However, this only caused the IIS web sites to stop and become inaccessible.
After deleting the re-enabling Socket Pooling, however, all worked again
with the IIS web sites.

Anyone have any experience with running IIS and Apache on the same Windows
box?

Re: [users@httpd] Need some tips

Posted by Tim Burden <ti...@burden.ca>.
Need some tipsI don't know anything about IIS, but I think that after
disabling Socket Pooling there must be some way to tell IIS exactly which IP
address to listen to. Maybe check with microsoft.com.

Posted by Götz Lohmann <go...@mrblackrose.de>.
Leach, Henry schrieb:

> I currently have three IP addresses hosting three different web sites
> using IIS on Windows 2003 Server all using Port 80. I now have a new
> IP Address which I would like to host a new web site using Apache on
> port 80. I have disabled Socket Pooling using the IIS 6 command of
> "httpcfg.exe" so that IIS does not overtake all of the resources and
> cause port conflicts.
>
> However, this only caused the IIS web sites to stop and become
> inaccessible. After deleting the re-enabling Socket Pooling, however,
> all worked again with the IIS web sites.

you have to create a virtual host with the specific IP and Port in the
httpd.conf .. check also the log of apache why he fails ..

if you have IIS listen at IP 123.0.0.1, 123.0.0.2, 123.0.0.3 and want
Apache to listen at 124.0.0.4 your httpd.conf should  look like this:

---------- httpd.conf ----------
Listen 80
UseCanonicalName Off
HostnameLookups Off
NameVirtualHost 124.0.0.4
<VirtualHost 124.0.0.4:80>
  ServerName www.mydomain.com
  ServerAdmin admin@mydomain.com
  ServerAlias mydomain.com mydomain.net
  DocumentRoot C:/home/sites/site4/web
  CustomLog C:/home/sites/site4/logs/access.log common
  ErrorLog C:/home/sites/site4/logs/error.log
</VirtualHost>

for further questions, you might read the Apache documentation or might
get a book like O'Reilys Apache Cookbook

regards, G. Lohmann