Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com> on 2007/01/29 17:14:43 UTC

Kernel refactoring

All,

This week I plan to undertake continued refactoring of the kernel
based on some of the work that was done over the last month.
Specifically, I plan to externalize the management of the component
tree to a service which will be implemented using a flattened naming
scheme. This will do the following:

- Allow us to collapse most of the differences between
CompositeComponent and  AtomicComponent
- Allow us to introduce wire optimizations that eliminate the need to
have hops between composite services and references. Optimizations
can be done upfront as a changeset is applied to an assembly
- Move autowiring to the resolution phase as outlined by Jeremy
- Remove the isSystem from SCAObject as the component manager service
will allow for component namespaces

I'll write-up more once I am further along.

Jim

Re: Autowiring, was: Kernel refactoring

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
On Jan 29, 2007, at 9:37 AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Re autowiring, I ran into a issue here trying to separate the Java
> Class out of ServiceContract. There are still few places where we
> assume that a ServiceContract has a corresponding Java interface -
> I can deal with most of those but there are a lot of assumption in
> the autowire implementation that this is there.
>
> For now I plan to leave it there and just add the general
> properties for class name and contribution to JavaServiceContract.
> Will this refactor include changing autowire so that it is able to
> work on the general ServiceContract rather than the Java-specific
> interface type? If it does, then hopefully we can remove the Java-
> specific bits from ServiceContract after.

Yes

Jim

Autowiring, was: Kernel refactoring

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.