Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by bh...@bellsouth.net on 2003/12/04 20:09:39 UTC

NoSuchMethodError !!

Hello Group,

    I am using axis as web service client with the following ...

          Tomcat : 3.3.1a
          JDK    : 1.3

    I am able to call web service properly and also getting the response from the service. I can see the response xml in axis.log file since I have turned debug on for axis client. The exceptio is raised beacause it probably cannot find xerces.jar file in the classpath. I have already put xerces.jar in the class path. Is there a way to verify client side setup like  axis server side setup or even better, Is there a way find our whether the exception is raised beacuse it cannot fined xerces.jar in the classpath or Is there an older version somewhere in front of the classpath ???

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
        at org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils.getSAXParser(XMLUtils.java:247)
        at org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(Deserializa
tionContextImpl.java:229)
        at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:546)
        at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:377)