Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eduardo Rocha <ed...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/24 15:45:18 UTC

Site archetype should not need archetypeVersion parameter

I am struggling with the following command, found in maven 2's
"Getting Started Guide":
mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes
-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-site
The error is:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.maven.archetypes
ArtifactId: maven-archetype-site
Version: RELEASE

Reason: Unable to determine the release version
  org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetype-site:RELEASE:jar

Currently I am using -DarchetypeVersion=1.0-alpha-2 to make it work,
but I think this is only because there is no "maven-metadata.xml" in
folder "/maven2/org/apache/maven/archetypes/maven-archetype-site" at
www.ibiblio.org

Re: Site archetype should not need archetypeVersion parameter

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 11:45 -0200, Eduardo Rocha wrote:
> I am struggling with the following command, found in maven 2's
> "Getting Started Guide":
> mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app
> -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven.archetypes
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-site

It should not need a version, it should pick the latest release. If you
are having a problem can you file a JIRA issue under the "maven-
archetype" component and I'll take a look at it. I have a list to work
through first :-)

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

A party which is not afraid of letting culture,
business, and welfare go to ruin completely can
be omnipotent for a while.

  -- Jakob Burckhardt