Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Ian O'Connell <ia...@maths.tcd.ie> on 2008/06/21 21:50:13 UTC

Use of boost Asio

Using boost's Asio library now that its no longer beta was discussed
on the previous list , and Mark mentioned himself and David Reiss were
doing alot of libevent stuff at the time. Did development move over to
Asio?  or has anyone since looked at replacing thrift's berkley
sockets and pthread's and libevent code with the comparative boost
equivalents since boost is a requirement already? Are there
dependencies in thrift on posix libraries other than sockets and
pthreads?

Ian.

Re: Use of boost Asio

Posted by David Reiss <dr...@facebook.com>.
> Using boost's Asio library now that its no longer beta was discussed
> on the previous list , and Mark mentioned himself and David Reiss were
> doing alot of libevent stuff at the time. Did development move over to
> Asio?
Not yet.  We are definitely planning to complete this project with libevent
first in order to allow easy interoperation with some of our non-Thrift
libevent-based code.

> Are there
> dependencies in thrift on posix libraries other than sockets and
> pthreads?
clock_gettime, gettimeofday, and strerror_r come to mind.

--David