Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Tim Moloney <mo...@mrsl.com> on 2002/12/09 20:23:29 UTC

CONFLICTS in cvs2svn.py output

No matter what CVS repository I try to convert, I see

   CONFLICTS: '_fc601008_p_char'

for every commit.

Should I be worried about this?  Is it a cosmetic bug?  I've had
a lot of problems getting swig working that I don't want to assume anything.

--
Tim Moloney
ManTech Real-time Systems Laboratory

Re: CONFLICTS in cvs2svn.py output

Posted by Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za>.
On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 01:00:42AM -0600, Scott Lamb wrote:
> Tim Moloney wrote:
> >No matter what CVS repository I try to convert, I see
> >
> >  CONFLICTS: '_fc601008_p_char'
> >
> >for every commit.
> >
> >Should I be worried about this?  Is it a cosmetic bug?  I've had
> >a lot of problems getting swig working that I don't want to assume
> >anything.
>
> FWIW, I also get this message on the latest cvs2svn-mmacek, and I had
[snip]

I believe this is caused by a problem with the SWIG bindings.

That _fc601008_p_char should be converted to a python string, but it's
not being done.  A while ago I created a tiny SWIG binding for a
function that just converts a C string to a Python string, then called
that from within cvs2svn and found that conflicts just contained "\n".

So the conflicts you see are probably not actual conflicts, but this
should still be fixed.

--
Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za>

Re: CONFLICTS in cvs2svn.py output

Posted by Scott Lamb <sl...@slamb.org>.
Tim Moloney wrote:
> No matter what CVS repository I try to convert, I see
>
>   CONFLICTS: '_fc601008_p_char'
>
> for every commit.
>
> Should I be worried about this?  Is it a cosmetic bug?  I've had
> a lot of problems getting swig working that I don't want to assume
> anything.

FWIW, I also get this message on the latest cvs2svn-mmacek, and I had
little trouble installing the swig bindings. This is now the _only_
problem I have with cvs2svn. It's a little disconcerting, but
cvs2svn-mmacek appears to have successfully converted my entire
repository, branches and all, totally correctly. mmacek and his cvs2svn
regression tests have worked wonders, I guess...

Now I can finally compare repository sizes, too. My repository (with an
unhealthy number of binary files; many Oracle Forms/Reports and one
horrible, grotesquely oversized Microsoft Access file) is 100MB with
CVS, 296MB right after cvs2svn, and only 66MB after pruning obselete logs.

Scott