Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/25 13:36:18 UTC

Configure Continuum to use an HTTP proxy

Hi,

I would like to load an external pom.xml into Continuum. To connect to the
SVN server, an HTTP proxy must be used. However, I've got no idea how to
tell Continuum that it must use a proxy server?

Thanks,

Jochen

Re: Configure Continuum to use an HTTP proxy

Posted by olivier lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
In fact it's not so easy :-).
In my case, it works for the following reason.
My continuum instance was started since long time.
This means some artifacts has been downloaded from the central repo using
wagon http with the proxy defined in my ~/.m2/settings.
This cause some System.setProperty("*proxy*) configured in the jvm for all
future http download.
That's why the download works.
I have tested the following scenarios :
- a continuum restart, no artifact download, adding a project -> failure
- a continuum restart, artifact download, adding a project  -> works

--
Olivier

--
Olivier

Re: Configure Continuum to use an HTTP proxy

Posted by Ashley Williams <as...@db.com>.
For my installation, it's to load the pom via http when you add a project.
I thought it was continuum doing the pom download rather than delegating
to maven. I changed the maven settings files in any case, but still no
luck.

oliver.lamy@gmail.com wrote on 25/09/2007 13:32:43:

> It's to load pom via http right when you add a project ?
> Or using the proxy for svn commands ?
>
> If the first you must configure your proxy in .m2/settings.xml.
> For the second it's a other trouble.
>
> --
> Olivier
>

> 2007/9/25, Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>:
> >

> > Ashley Williams-5 wrote:
> > >
> > > Does this mean you got it to work? I added the proxy properties as
> > > Emmanuel suggested, even changed the property names to camel case
and it
> > > still refused to work...
> > >

> > No, this means I wanted to be polite. :-)
> >
> > In fact, I can't see it working even after adding the respective
> > properties.
> >
> > --

> Olivier

---

Please refer to http://www.db.com/en/content/eu_disclosures.htm for additional EU corporate and regulatory disclosures.

Re: Configure Continuum to use an HTTP proxy

Posted by olivier lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
It's to load pom via http right when you add a project ?
Or using the proxy for svn commands ?

If the first you must configure your proxy in .m2/settings.xml.
For the second it's a other trouble.

--
Olivier

2007/9/25, Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>:

> Ashley Williams-5 wrote:
> >
> > Does this mean you got it to work? I added the proxy properties as
> > Emmanuel suggested, even changed the property names to camel case and it
> > still refused to work...
> >

> No, this means I wanted to be polite. :-)
>
> In fact, I can't see it working even after adding the respective
> properties.

Olivier

Re: Configure Continuum to use an HTTP proxy

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
already done by olivier: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1489

Emmanuel

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
ok, it doesn't work :(

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ashley Williams <as...@db.com>.
Hi,

Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> wrote on 25/09/2007 12:51:28:

> Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> >
> > You can add java proxy properties in wrapper.conf
> >

> Thanks!

---

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.