Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by David Green <dg...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/13 05:55:48 UTC

macOS, Monterey, M1 - can't show in Finder

Hi,

On a new MacBook Pro with M1 processor and running Monterey.  Running
NetBeans 12.6 but just tried 12.4 and same issue.

Highlighting a source code file (or a folder), and right-click select Tools
| Show in Finder, nothing happens.  It used to work on my old Intel-based
machine running BigSur and earlier (can’t speak to Monterey on Intel).

On the same menu, is Tools | Open in Terminal which works to open terminal
with the working directory of the containing folder.

Is this a NetBeans/OS problem or something specific to my machine?
NetBeans 12.6 (nor earlier) shows up in the System Preferences | Security &
Privacy | Automation where some programs that control other programs are
listed.  I was not able to find any error messages.

Clearly, the workaround is to use the Open in Terminal and then type “open
.” in the terminal window.

Thanks for any ideas,

Dave

Re: macOS, Monterey, M1 - can't show in Finder

Posted by David Green <dg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all.

When I reverted to Java 15: the “Show in Finder” worked and I got the same
warnings as Carl does with Java 11.

Dave

Posted by Carl Mosca <ca...@gmail.com>.

--
Carl J. Mosca

Re: macOS, Monterey, M1 - can't show in Finder

Posted by Juan Miguel Escribano <ju...@gmail.com>.
Same here,

Posted by Carl Mosca <ca...@gmail.com>.

--