Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by bh...@ruc.dk on 2001/06/26 14:12:22 UTC

Does cache work in Cocoon 1.8.2 on Tomcat 3.2.1?

Hi,
Does anyone have some source that gets cached by the Cocoon 1.8.2 engine? If so
please send it to me, so I should se if it works in my environment also. I have
been running Cocoon for some time, but have never seen the: “<!-- This page was
served in * from cache ..” - but only the “<!-- This page was served in * by
Cocoon 1.8.2 -->” (no "from cache" ). Not even the
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/hello/hello-page.xml gets cached. My
cocoon.properties is below but maybe the problem is somewere else. I have read
the "a brief guide to the cocoon cache system", and have looked at some old
posted mails, but it didn't help me with getting the cache work - I would
really like to see a simple exaple of a page that is cached - so I will work
from there.

What am I doing wrong, any idea?

Thanks for any help in advance
/Bjarne

# Cache Managers                         #

# the default cache
cache = org.apache.cocoon.cache.CocoonCache

#uncomment this to disable ALL page caching
#cache = org.apache.cocoon.cache.NoCache

#Change this to false to disable all Last-Modified headers
#This will also disable client-side and proxy caching, but not Cocoon
#internal caching.
#Content that is not cached by Cocoon will not have a Last-Modified header.
lastmodified = true

#NOTE: See also the next set of options. The CocoonCache is implemented by
#the Store.