Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brad <br...@aulink.net> on 2006/06/19 00:57:56 UTC

Start page without redirect

Hi All,

I have a user who's webpage is all in java. His start page is named
Main.do. This is successfully passed on to tomcat via mod_jk using the
following directives:

<IfModule mod_jk.c>
JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
JkMount /servlets/* ajp13
JkMount /*.do  ajp13
JkMount /*.mc  ajp13
JkMount /*.dj  ajp13
</IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

Currently the user has an index.html page as the start page, that
redirects to Main.do. However, they would like to do away with this and
have all requests for their domain, go straight to Main.do.

As apache's DirectoryIndex directive, expects a file to exist, I cannot
just add Main.do to this section, because this is not actually a file.

Is there a way to be able to goto http://www.domain.com/ (no trailing
filename) and have the request sent back to tomcat to look for Main.do?
In other words, no redirect of any kind. Is this possible using a
connector, or only if tomcat was standalone?

Thanks