Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Smits.Dolf" <do...@siemens.com> on 2004/08/20 09:00:47 UTC

workaround? RE: Problem - JMeter uses \ in file pathnamel as spec ial characte r

Hi Gaurav,

for a workaround try to add more escape characters. With the "rename entry"
it will work when i use 4 backslashes.
(maybe an old unix/ldap trick, if esaping an charachter won't work, double
the amount of escape characters, eg from 1 to 2, to 4, to 8, to 16, although
i've never used more than 8 escape characters.)
this behaviour comes from the fact that a string is parsed several times, so
several times the escape characters disappear after having functioned in a
parse operation.

Can you try this workaround?
I will also experiment a bit with this, and after that add the conclusion
about escaping in the manual.

Success,

Dolf Smits