Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Куликов, Александр Александрович <al...@phystech.edu> on 2018/12/10 10:37:10 UTC

Latency metrics in v1.2.2

Hello,
After upgrading to 1.2.2 I lost my storm bolt latency metrics that were
exported via jmx. I found StormMetricRegistry where  I can manually
register custom metrics, so what will be the best way to measure latency?
Now I am registering Timer during Bolt’s “prepare” method trying different
strategies (SlidingWindow/SlidingTimeWindow etc) and getting some values
but I think this is not what could be called latency, also I don’t know the
unit of those timer  measures (seconds, ms, nano)
Please help me if you can, because it was very helpfull to track bolt
latency for monitoring purposes