Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Magnus Olstad Hansen <ma...@rialtoforlag.no> on 2008/03/27 10:37:41 UTC

Bounce messages, charset

Good day,

I'm using the Bounce mailet to generate a bounce for a certain condition
and I wish to include an informative message using the message parameter
for the mailet.

Unfortunately my language (norwegian) contains some nonstandard
characters which I'm unable to get properly included in the message. I'm
pretty sure I've got the encoding down in config.xml where the message
is written. I've checked that the file is written as UTF-8 and also
explicitly defined the encoding as UTF-8 in the xml header. Finally I've
also tried declaring XML entities with the unicode reference for the
problem characters.

However in the mail the following headers are set in the bounce mail:

...which I suspect cannot represent the norwegian characters ÆØÅæøå.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Thanks,
Magnus