Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Allan Greenier <ag...@snet.net> on 2001/10/12 20:42:45 UTC

Tomcat 3.2 Mac OS 9.1 JNI UnsatisfiedLinkError

Greetings,

I've searched the archives for this, but the info is not mac specific, and
that I feel is my problem.
I'm trying to use the Valentina java Database from Paradigmasoft
in a servlet with Tomcat 3.2 on Mac OS 9.1.

Tomcat runs flawlessly here, as does Valentina from a Java application.
On the mac, Shared Librarys are put in the System:Extensions folder,
and that's where this shared library is. I've also tried putting it
everywhere you might imagine relative to tomcat.

Jar file VJDK.jar calls on Shared lib vjdk.
When I try this from my servlet's doPost() method I get

Internal Servlet Error
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Valentina_InitImp
at com.paradigmasoft.valentina.vjdk.VJDK.Init(VJDK.java)

The tomcat archives, windows and unix specific, talk about
setting an environment variable and mention all the places
to put the shared lib correctly. Of course, on MacOS9 there
are no environment variables. It's in the correct place,
it's Tomcat's class  loader (I assume) that isn't able to see
the native library.

Any idea how I can fix this on my MAC? If I can't do it
'within' tomcat I'd settle for having the Valentina DB running
in a separate vm, but I'm not sure how to accomplish this either...
Ie how to call to a class in  a separate vm.

Help!!!

Allan Greenier
Fluency llc.

agreenier@snet.net