Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Hitete <hi...@free.fr> on 2004/11/11 20:14:04 UTC

Spamassassin and razor

I've installed razor1xxx and I'd like to configure it.

. What do I have to take special care about in order for the mails of my
domain not beeing tagged as spam by razor ?.

. I also installed pyzor, if I put razor and pyzor at 1 in procmailrc,
aren't there gonna be too many plugins for spamassassin ?.
. I have sa-learn running, won't it be too much ?.

Do I really have to configure razor and pyzor or do they work "out of the
box" when installing them with a working spamassassin ?.

I have whitelists in local.cf, do I have to configure whitelists in razor
too ?.

To your experience, do razor and pyzor make a big difference in detection ?.
And Do I have to invoke them in procmailrc or are the lines :

use_razor 1
use_pyzor 1

enough in local.cf ?.

/Hitete

Re: Spamassassin and razor

Posted by Kelson <ke...@speed.net>.
Hitete wrote:
> I've installed razor1xxx and I'd like to configure it.

I'm not sure the Razor servers even keep track of the Razor 1 hashes
anymore.  Razor 2 is *far* more effective and has been available for a
long time.

> Do I really have to configure razor and pyzor or do they work "out of the
> box" when installing them with a working spamassassin ?.

You'll need to do the regular setup for each (razor-admin discover,
etc.) under the appropriate user account. After that, SA should just
recognize that they're present and use them.  Note that they'll only
work if network tests are enabled.

--
Kelson Vibber

RE: Spamassassin and razor

Posted by Noel K Hall II <no...@physicianrecruiting.com>.
I would suggest using Razor 2 (the current version) http://razor.sf.net once
you've installed it, it depends what version of SA you are running as to how
you tell it to use it in the local.cf file, but I would suggest reading the
doc on configuration, as all these questions are answered there.

-Noel