Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Keerthiraja SJ <sj...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/11 06:04:27 UTC

Is ACS will Support Docker

Hi All,

Can anyone say will the ACS will support docker / RancherOS / CoreOS so
that we can create a container via cloudstack and assign same as now public
IP to the container.

Thanks,
Keerthi

Re: Is ACS will Support Docker

Posted by Wido den Hollander <wi...@widodh.nl>.

Re: Is ACS will Support Docker

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
> On Jul 11, 2015, at 6:04 AM, Keerthiraja SJ <sj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone say will the ACS will support docker / RancherOS / CoreOS so
> that we can create a container via cloudstack and assign same as now public
> IP to the container.

if you search the archive you will see that we have discussed this several times already.

CoreOS templates are well supported and several cloudstack providers already offer it in production.

RancherOS is not yet available as a cloudstack template, that would be a nice project. Any takers ?

Soem folks are packaging cloudstack in containers for easy deployment.

To date a few of us don’t think cloudstack should orchestrate containers, we prefer to leave that to swarm/kubernetes or lattice.

That said there is a ‘docker’ branch in the repo, that was a proof of concept of supporting docker…

As far as networking in docker, it is fast evolving right now. Docker network is not yet release. IMHO there is no point of jumping hoops with bunch of NAT and IP tables magic for port forwarding until Docker network is out and stable, not before decembre 2015 (IMHO, Docker 2.0).  At that time, there might be some interesting things to do in Cloudstack.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.