Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Julien Faye <ju...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/06 10:06:15 UTC

RE: RE: Testing Oozie on Linux ARM64

Hi,

Not sure whether my vote matters but I'd also like to support this proposal!
Lately we use more and more ARM64 servers and I believe this is the future!

Julien

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Dénes,

On Tue, Dec 7, 2021 at 2:38 PM Dénes Bodó <di...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hey Martin,
>
> Thank you for your offer and also for your fix in Spark action.
>
> Testing on ARM sounds good and currently this is not happening with Oozie.
> I'd happily accept your offer. However, it depends on the requirements.

I'm glad to hear that!

> Can you please share what are financial, legal and technical preconditions
> to meet to test Oozie on ARM?

There are no financial and legal requirements/preconditions!
The VM will be donated by OpenLab Testing to ASF for long term usage for
free.

The technical ones are:
1) please tell me:
- what Linux distro and version do you prefer? CentOS, Ubuntu, ...
- preferred hardware spec (CPU, RAM, disk space, anything else that is
important for the project). Those parameters could be modified later too if
needed!
2) I will provide SSH details of the Linux ARM64 VM to the Oozie and Infra
teams.
Infra team will set it up as an Jenkins agent and configure it to be used
by Oozie project
Oozie team can use SSH to connect to the VM to debug build/test issues when
needed.

That's it!

Regards,
Martin