Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Octavian Rasnita <or...@fcc.ro> on 2005/02/16 19:16:36 UTC

types of Apache

Hi all,

I am just a Linux user, and not an expert and I want to learn using ModPerl
and Apache under Linux better.

I use SuSe and I have seen the following directories in /usr/lib:

apache  apache2-prefork  apache2-worker

and in some of them I found more Apache modules.

Can you tell me which is the difference between using the modules from the
apache2-prefork or the modules from the "apache2" directory?

I have seen that by default, in httpd.conf, some modules from the
apache2-prefork are loaded (commented by default), but I couldn't see
mod_perl in that directory, but only in the "apache2" one.

Thank you.

Teddy

Re: types of Apache

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 20:16 +0200, Octavian Rasnita wrote:
> Can you tell me which is the difference between using the modules from the
> apache2-prefork or the modules from the "apache2" directory?

This is actually a question for SuSe support.  There are no directories
like that created by default when you build apache 2 and mod_perl 2 from
source.  They are probably doing something to allow the SuSe package
system to separate out a prefork version from a threaded version, but
you'd really have to ask the SuSe packager for the details.

- Perrin