Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/22 23:09:16 UTC

Suggested LifecycleRenderer improvement

Trinidad has a LifecycleRenderer, which is an interface that can be
implemented by a Renderer to let the renderer take over handling
processDecodes(), processUpdates(), processValidators().  This
is a big improvement if you have a smart DHTML table that lets
you scroll around the whole content arbitrarily, but you don't want to
actually decode huge numbers of rows.

But it's kind of a pain when you only sometimes want to hook in;
it'd be very handy to let these APIs return true/false, where
false means "I didn't handle it, just do the default".

Any objections?

-- Adam

Re: Suggested LifecycleRenderer improvement

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
interesting!

Posted by Arjuna Wijeyekoon <ar...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Gabrielle Crawford <ga...@oracle.com>.

Adam Winer wrote:

> Trinidad has a LifecycleRenderer, which is an interface that can be
> implemented by a Renderer to let the renderer take over handling
> processDecodes(), processUpdates(), processValidators().  This
> is a big improvement if you have a smart DHTML table that lets
> you scroll around the whole content arbitrarily, but you don't want to
> actually decode huge numbers of rows.
>
> But it's kind of a pain when you only sometimes want to hook in;
> it'd be very handy to let these APIs return true/false, where
> false means "I didn't handle it, just do the default".
>
> Any objections?

Sounds mighty fine. +1.

Thanks,

Gabrielle