Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by James Lawton <ja...@tofinosoftware.com> on 2011/04/07 22:35:34 UTC

What is a valid price?

I am loading new product data into my system using the Entity XML data file
import tools

I have products and I have a default price for those products. That all
loads in nicely

When trying to order that new product through the order new entry, I keep
getting an error message saying in the main UI saying

"Could not find a valid price for the product with ID [YG0081ATF], not
adding to cart"

Anyone know what a valid price is?

Thanks

James

Re: What is a valid price?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Check currency, wich release.revision are you using?

Jacques

Jacques

From: "James Lawton" <ja...@tofinosoftware.com>

RE: What is a valid price?

Posted by James Lawton <ja...@tofinosoftware.com>.
Thanks for the tip on the DemoConfigurator.xml

I had already loaded the ProductPrice entity originally as well - every
product has a matching ProductPrice - Default Price, Purchase Price,
Currenncyuomid, etc...

I had made some progress overnight trolling through logs - and found an
error message related to ProductCategoryMember - which as far as I can tell
has no relation to ProductPrice.

I loaded the ProductCategoryMember entity and I could order a product
without the error message below...at which point I left the issue

Need to do some more work on it today to validate that the issue is
resolved.

However that raises the following questions:
- Why the error message about Valid Price when it was really a Category
issue?
- Is this a blanket error message covering a number of issues?
- What are those other issues?
- Is this a bug on the error message?

Thanks
James

You have to provide price for the mentioned product , check ProductPrice
entity . and look into DemoConfigurator.xml file.

Regards
Ravindra Mandre

Re: What is a valid price?

Posted by Ravindra Mandre <ra...@gmail.com>.