Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2009/04/09 19:40:22 UTC

Pig release 0.2.0

The Pig  team is happy to announce Pig 0.2.0 has been released.

This release includes the addition of a types, better error detection
and handling, and 5x performance improvement over 0.1.1.

The details of the release can be found at http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/releases.html
.

Pig is a Hadoop subproject which provides high-level data-flow
language and execution framework for parallel computation on Hadoop
clusters.  More details about Pig can be found at http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/
.

Re: Pig release 0.2.0

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I talked to them earlier this week; they're planning on putting out an
updated version very soon.

Alan.

Re: Pig release 0.2.0

Posted by Vadim Zaliva <kr...@gmail.com>.