Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by lamberken <la...@163.com> on 2020/03/31 17:02:48 UTC

[DISSCUSS] Troubleshooting flow

Hi team,

Many users use slack ask for support when they met bugs / problems currently.

but there are some disadvantages we need to consider:

1. code snippet display is not friendly.

2. we may miss some questions when questions come up at the same time.

3. threads cann't be indexed by search engines

So, I suggest we should guide users to use GitHub issues as much as we can.

step1: guide users use GitHub issues to report their questions

step2: developers can pick up some issues which they are interested in.

step3: raise a related JIRA if needed

step4: add some useful notes to troubleshooting guide

Any thoughts are welcome, thanks : )

Best,
Lamber-Ken

Re: [DISSCUSS] Troubleshooting flow