Posted to dev@concerted.apache.org by Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org> on 2015/10/21 11:12:16 UTC

[IMPORTANT] Guidelines for Pre Apache git repository patches

Hi,

Please note that there should be no further commits to in
https://github.com/atris/Concerted/ since this is code freeze for move to
ASF git repo and IP clearance.

However, to prepare for first release, we might still need to make changes
to the existing code base.

Please follow following steps for it:

For non critical patches:

1) Please clone the github repository.
2) Please create a new branch for your work.
3) Please commit your changes to your branch in your local repository.

IMPORTANT: Please do not raise a pull request in main github repo. We do
not want to move the code base ahead as of now since this will delay IP
clearance process.

For critical patches:

1) Please clone the github repository.
2) Please create a new branch for your work.
3) Please commit your changes to your branch in your local repository.
4) Please raise pull request against "preapache" branch in main github
repository.

NOTE: Committers should also refrain from committing directly and should
follow these steps.

If anybody has any corrections or suggestions to the above, please suggest.

Regards,

Atri

Atri
Apache Concerted

Re: [IMPORTANT] Guidelines for Pre Apache git repository patches

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org>.
Further to my earlier mail, for patches that are waiting in your local
forks, we will be diffing against the preapache branch and applying all the
patches to ASF git repository as soon as it is setup. So fret not :)

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Atri Sharma <at...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please note that there should be no further commits to in
> https://github.com/atris/Concerted/ since this is code freeze for move to
> ASF git repo and IP clearance.
>
> However, to prepare for first release, we might still need to make changes
> to the existing code base.
>
> Please follow following steps for it:
>
> For non critical patches:
>
> 1) Please clone the github repository.
> 2) Please create a new branch for your work.
> 3) Please commit your changes to your branch in your local repository.
>
> IMPORTANT: Please do not raise a pull request in main github repo. We do
> not want to move the code base ahead as of now since this will delay IP
> clearance process.
>
> For critical patches:
>

> 1) Please clone the github repository.
> 2) Please create a new branch for your work.
> 3) Please commit your changes to your branch in your local repository.
> 4) Please raise pull request against "preapache" branch in main github
> repository.
>
> NOTE: Committers should also refrain from committing directly and should
> follow these steps.
>
> If anybody has any corrections or suggestions to the above, please suggest.
>
> Regards,
>
> Atri
>
> --
> Regards,