Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Kailash KN <ka...@thbs.com> on 2006/05/11 15:21:09 UTC

Stuck with file format!!!

Hi,
I would like to have my Debug and Info messages into Debug.log and Info.log respectively, this works fine, but now i would like to have it in the log files with the format-   yyyy-MM-dd-Debug.log  and yyyy-MM-dd-Info.log respectively. how do i go about it???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks & Regards,
Kailash.K.N.

Re: Stuck with file format!!!

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
For log4j 1.2 you would need to create a new FileAppender class.

On 5/11/06, Kailash KN <ka...@thbs.com> wrote:
> Thanks Dirk and James, but i use a property file not an XML file, anyways
> ill give it a shot.
>
> james, i did not understand your reply, could be please be more precise.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Kailash.K.N.

James Stauffer

Re: Stuck with file format!!!

Re: Stuck with file format!!!

Posted by dirk ooms <di...@onesparrow.com>.

Re: Stuck with file format!!!

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
Create a new appender.  I wrote a 1.2 appender that can do that.  1.3
may be able to do this.

--
James Stauffer