Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Naveen Kumar M <ea...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/17 11:20:39 UTC

Getting Classpath is empty. Please build the project first e.g. by running 'gradlew jarAll' all the time

Hello Team,

I have downloaded Source download: kafka-2.4.0-src.tgz
<https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/2.4.0/kafka-2.4.0-src.tgz> (asc
<https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/2.4.0/kafka-2.4.0-src.tgz.asc>,
sha512
<https://archive.apache.org/dist/kafka/2.4.0/kafka-2.4.0-src.tgz.sha512>)
and trying to configure by referring below link to run Kafka server on
windows.

https://dzone.com/articles/running-apache-kafka-on-windows-os

Zookeeper started successfully, but while starting Kafka server, getting
below error all the time.

C:\KafkaCluster\kafka-2.4.0\bin\windows>kafka-server-start.bat
C:\KafkaCluster\kafka-2.4.0\config\server.properties
Classpath is empty. Please build the project first e.g. by running 'gradlew
jarAll'

Could you please help me to resolve this issue and run Kafka server on
windows?

This will be great help:)

Thanks and regards,
Naveen

Re: Getting Classpath is empty. Please build the project first e.g. by running 'gradlew jarAll' all the time

Posted by Nicolas Carlot <ni...@chronopost.fr>.
Look for a solution with precompiled libraries.
You are messing with forces you cannot controle yet my friend

--
*Nicolas Carlot*

Lead dev

Posted by Naveen Kumar M <ea...@gmail.com>.