Posted to users@camel.apache.org by mabahma <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2012/08/08 15:31:59 UTC

Camel CXF Exception-Fault Handling

Hello

We have a client sending a request to a CXF WS endpoint

MessageContentsList messageContentsList = (MessageContentsList)
template.requestBodyAndHeaders( uri,message));
		 // wait for the route to complete

 then Camel route the message to a processor where we check for Exceptions
like this :

} catch (Throwable xEx) {

	fault = new Fault(xEx);
	exchange.getOut().setFault(true);
	exchange.getOut().setBody(new Object[] { "Exception raised ! KO" });

}

The porblem is that When an exception is thrown , the client doesn't receive
the message with the message "Exception raised ! KO"" we set in the body. We
get a empty response.

have we missed something ?
Kind regrads,

Re: Camel CXF Exception-Fault Handling

Posted by mabahma <ma...@hotmail.com>.
hi Willem

thank you for answering

this is m y route :

<route id="route" xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring">
<from uri="cxf:bean:mybean" />
<to uri="processor" />
</route>

CXF endpoint is in POJO mode :

<cxf:cxfEndpoint id="mybean" address="http://localhost:9000/services"
		serviceClass="ch.test.MyServiceimpl">

		<cxf:outInterceptors>
			<ref bean="loggingOutInterceptor" />
		</cxf:outInterceptors>
		<cxf:properties>
			<entry key="dataFormat" value="POJO" />
		</cxf:properties>

</cxf:cxfEndpoint>

and the processor

<bean id="processor"
class="ch.test.MyProcessor">
</bean>

so i send a request to CXF endpoint like this :

 MessageContentsList messageContentsList = (MessageContentsList)
 template.requestBodyAndHeaders( uri,message));

, and when there is some Exceptions on the server, i get an empty message..

Re: Camel CXF Exception-Fault Handling

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Can I have a look at your route?
You said the client doesn't receive the response when the response, I think the client you means is a Camel route client, am I right?

--
Willem Jiang

FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com (http://www.fusesource.com/)